Pergo is probably the most recognized brand in laminate flooring. It is so recognizable in fact that many people refer to laminate flooring as Pergo even if it is made by another manufacturer. This is similar to the way people ask for a Kleenex when they mean a facial tissue or go to Xerox a document when they mean going to make a copy. So when you need to know how to clean Pergo, you need to know how to clean a laminate floor and here is how you do it.
Hard surfaces show dust, dirt and pet hair more than a carpet would. Because of this, you should dry mop or sweep your floor on a daily basis. You may also use a vacuum cleaner designed for hard surfaces. Never use a vacuum cleaner that has a beater bar. Beater bars could damage the flooring.
If, you need to mop your floor, you should avoid cleaners not designed for laminate flooring and those that contain wax. Instead, use a cleaner designed for laminate flooring such as Black Diamond Floor Cleaner, available on Amazon for a low price.
Laminate Floor Cleaning Tips
- For difficult spots such as blood, try a little Windex. Just be sure to wipe it up quickly and do not over wet the floor.
- Hate how quickly dust and hair builds up on laminate or Pergo? Look into purchasing a robot vacuum such as the Roomba.
- Laminate floors are very durable, but they can still be gouged. Use felt tips n the legs of furniture to protect it.
- Never use cleaners with wax. Wax can buildup and ruin the appearance of your floor.
- Use as little moisture as possible when cleaning Pergo or laminate floors.