Remove Ink From Carpet, Rugs & Furniture
Ink stains can be a devil to clean. If you do not know what you are doing, you can easily make a dime sized spot a plate sized spot. If you are facing an ink spot from a ball point pen or even a sharpie marker, here is what you need to do.
- Do not panic. The last thing that you want to do is run to the sink and grab anything that you can to apply to the spot. Take a breath, calm down and move on to the next step.
- Get a professional strength cleaner. You need a pro spotter specialized to remove ink. A general spot cleaner will just make a mess of things. This might mean that you have to place a towel over the spot and wait to clean it until your ink remover arrives. Purchase a product like InkBGone.
Check Prices on Amazon.
- When your product arrives, get a clean white cotton towel and apply the spotter to the towel.
- Dab the spot, working from the outside towards the inside.
- Go slow and be patient. If it is a large spot, you might be at it for some time. Avoid the temptation to rub the spot. Only dab it and do not use too much cleaner at once.
- Once no more ink transfers, you are done. Let the spot dry before putting it back to work.
This method will work for most colors of ink including blue and black and many sharpies.