What Cleans Headlight Covers?
If you are asking about cleaning headlight covers, you probably have either a white or yellow cloudy finish on the outside of your headlight covers. To clean this off, you first need to realize what this is. It is oxidation of the plastic coupled with scratches from every day use. To clean it, you nee to polish it. Doing so is an easy enough task if you have the right tools. Lucky for you, the items you need are cheap. Here is what you need.
- Meguiar’s Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit
Available for cheap on Amazon, this kit comes with enough cleaner to clean several headlights. It includes the cleaner, a buffing pad and a stubborn spot repair kit.
Check Prices on Amazon.
- Hand Drill
A standard electric or battery powered drill.
- Clean Cotton Towels
Terry cloth 100% cotton shop towels work great.
The whole process could not be any easier.
- Wash the headlights to remove any loose soil. Might as just wash your whole car so that it all looks shiny and good when you are done.
- Attach the buffing pad to your drill.
- Apply a nickel sized amount of cleaner on the pad and place the pad on the headlight.
- Turn the drill on and slowly work it up to speed and begin polishing your headlight.
- Wipe the clean off the headlight and marvel at the results.
All done, the oxidation and scratch are gone and your car will look years younger.