Glass Cooktop Cleaning
Glass cooktops are commonplace in today’s kitchens. They make life easier because they are generally easier to clean than an older style range with drip pans. The smooth surface prevents liquids from reaching deep into the oven and keeps everything on the surface. There are some things that you need to know however in order to clean your glass cooktop. Here is how to properly clean one.
- First, you need to allow the cooktop to completely cool. This is important because you do not want to burn yourself and you do not want to put cool liquid on a hot glass surface.
- Once the cooktop is cool, you should spray the surface with windex. Allow the windex to sit on the surface for a minute to allow it to break up and absorb soil.
- After one minute, wipe the top down with a paper towel or rag.
- Next, you will remove burnt on stains with a glasstop oven cleaner. The cleaner is specially designed to safely remove surface soil with just the right amount of abrasive. Never use abrasive cleaners not designed for a glass cooktop. Apply the cleaner with a rag to the entire surface and then remove it with a clean and dry cloth. Repeat, if necessary, until the top is completely clean.
Check prices on glass cooktop cleaner.
Glass Cooktop Use & Cleaning Tips
- For tough, burnt on residue, you can use a razor blade scraper. Apply the glasstop cleaner and then use the razor at a 45 degree angle to remove the stains.
- Check the bottom of pans for nicks and gouges that can permanently damage the surface of your stove.
- Never use a cleaner not designed for your oven as permanent damage can occur.