Faux Leather Cleaning
Faux leather is a man made material that, as the name implies, simulates the look and feel of real leather. It is in wide use because of the fact that it requires little maintenance and costs much less than real leather. It does, however, require some attention in the form of regular cleaning.
How To Clean Faux Leather
1. Get a bucket and add an ounce or two of a mild dish detergent. Stir the solution.
2. Get a soft cotton rag and dip it into the soap water. Wring out the rag and wipe the faux leather.
3. Using a clean rag, wipe the area that you cleaned dry.
4. Repeat this process until you are finished with the entire piece of furniture, being careful not to use too much moisture that could find its way into the seams.
5. If necessary, polish the furniture with faux leather polish.
Having Faux Leather Cleaned
If you do not have the time or desire to do it for yourself, you could hire a professional to do it for you. Most professional carpet cleaners can clean it for you for a reasonable fee. Expect to pay between $100 to $150 for a professional faux leather cleaning on the average sized sofa. It would take a professional about 1 to 1. 5 hours to clean a sofa.
Benefits of Faux Leather Upholstery
Faux leather has many benefits. One is the fact that it is, of course, cheap. It is much less expensive than real leather but has many of the same benefits. It wears well and is low maintenance just like real leather. Unlike real leather though, it comes in many more patterns and colors. Any color or pattern you can imagine, can be created in faux leather.